qiskit.synthesis.ProductFormula(order, reps=1, insert_barriers=False, cx_structure='chain', atomic_evolution=None)
Product formula base class for the decomposition of non-commuting operator exponentials.
- order (int (opens in a new tab)) – The order of the product formula.
- reps (int (opens in a new tab)) – The number of time steps.
- insert_barriers (bool (opens in a new tab)) – Whether to insert barriers between the atomic evolutions.
- cx_structure (str (opens in a new tab)) – How to arrange the CX gates for the Pauli evolutions, can be “chain”, where next neighbor connections are used, or “fountain”, where all qubits are connected to one.
- atomic_evolution (Callable (opens in a new tab)[[Pauli |SparsePauliOp, float (opens in a new tab)], QuantumCircuit] | None) – A function to construct the circuit for the evolution of single Pauli string. Per default, a single Pauli evolution is decomposed in a CX chain and a single qubit Z rotation.
Return the settings in a dictionary, which can be used to reconstruct the object.
A dictionary containing the settings of this product formula.
NotImplementedError (opens in a new tab) – If a custom atomic evolution is set, which cannot be serialized.
evolution (PauliEvolutionGate) – The evolution gate to synthesize.
A circuit implementing the evolution.