qiskit.utils.QuantumInstance(backend, shots=None, seed_simulator=None, basis_gates=None, coupling_map=None, initial_layout=None, pass_manager=None, bound_pass_manager=None, seed_transpiler=None, optimization_level=None, backend_options=None, noise_model=None, timeout=None, wait=5.0, skip_qobj_validation=True, measurement_error_mitigation_cls=None, cals_matrix_refresh_period=30, measurement_error_mitigation_shots=None, job_callback=None, mit_pattern=None, max_job_retries=50)
object (opens in a new tab)
Deprecated: Quantum Backend including execution setting.
Quantum Instance holds a Qiskit Terra backend as well as configuration for circuit transpilation and execution. When provided to an Aqua algorithm the algorithm will execute the circuits it needs to run using the instance.
qiskit.utils.quantum_instance.QuantumInstance is deprecated as of qiskit-terra 0.24.0. It will be removed no earlier than 3 months after the release date. For code migration guidelines, visit https://qisk.it/qi_migration (opens in a new tab).
- backend (Backend) – Instance of selected backend
- shots (int (opens in a new tab) | None) – Number of repetitions of each circuit, for sampling. If None, the shots are extracted from the backend. If the backend has none set, the default is 1024.
- seed_simulator (int (opens in a new tab) | None) – Random seed for simulators
- basis_gates (List (opens in a new tab)[str (opens in a new tab)] | None) – List of basis gate names supported by the target. Defaults to basis gates of the backend.
- coupling_map (Optional[Union['CouplingMap', List[List]]]) – Coupling map (perhaps custom) to target in mapping
- initial_layout (Optional[Union['Layout', Dict, List]]) – Initial layout of qubits in mapping
- pass_manager (Optional['PassManager']) – Pass manager to handle how to compile the circuits. To run only this pass manager and not the
bound_pass_manager, call the
transpile()method with the argument
- bound_pass_manager (Optional['PassManager']) – A second pass manager to apply on bound circuits only, that is, circuits without any free parameters. To only run this pass manager and not
transpile()method with the argument
pass_manager=quantum_instance.bound_pass_manager. manager should also be run.
- seed_transpiler (int (opens in a new tab) | None) – The random seed for circuit mapper
- optimization_level (int (opens in a new tab) | None) – How much optimization to perform on the circuits. Higher levels generate more optimized circuits, at the expense of longer transpilation time.
- backend_options (Dict (opens in a new tab) | None) – All running options for backend, please refer to the provider of the backend for information as to what options it supports.
- noise_model (Optional['NoiseModel']) – noise model for simulator
- timeout (float (opens in a new tab) | None) – Seconds to wait for job. If None, wait indefinitely.
- wait (float (opens in a new tab)) – Seconds between queries for job result
- skip_qobj_validation (bool (opens in a new tab)) – Bypass Qobj validation to decrease circuit processing time during submission to backend.
- measurement_error_mitigation_cls (Callable (opens in a new tab) | None) – The approach to mitigate measurement errors. The classes
qiskit.utils.mitigationmodule can be used here as exact values, not instances.
TensoredMeasFitterdoesn’t support the
- cals_matrix_refresh_period (int (opens in a new tab)) – How often to refresh the calibration matrix in measurement mitigation. in minutes
- measurement_error_mitigation_shots (int (opens in a new tab) | None) – The number of shots number for building calibration matrix. If None, the main shots parameter value is used.
- job_callback (Callable (opens in a new tab) | None) – Optional user supplied callback which can be used to monitor job progress as jobs are submitted for processing by an Aqua algorithm. The callback is provided the following arguments: job_id, job_status, queue_position, job
- mit_pattern (List (opens in a new tab)[List (opens in a new tab)[int (opens in a new tab)]] | None) – Qubits on which to perform the TensoredMeasFitter measurement correction, divided to groups according to tensors. If None and qr is given then assumed to be performed over the entire qr as one group (default None).
- max_job_retries (int (opens in a new tab)) – positive non-zero number of trials for the job set (-1 for infinite trials) (default: 50)
- QiskitError – the shots exceeds the maximum number of shots
- QiskitError – set noise model but the backend does not support that
- QiskitError – set backend_options but the backend does not support that
Return Backend backend object.
Getter of backend_config.
Return backend name.
Getter of backend_options.
Return the pass manager for designated for bound circuits.
The pass manager for bound circuits, if it has been set.
returns matrix refresh period
Getter of circuit summary.
Getter of compile_config.
Return True if backend is a local backend.
Return True if backend is a simulator.
Return True if backend is a statevector-type simulator.
Getter of max tries
returns measurement error mitigation cls
returns measurement error mitigation shots
Getter of noise_config.
Getter of qjob_config.
Getter of run_config.
checks if skip qobj validation
Accumulated time taken for execution.
Return the pass manager for designated for unbound circuits.
The pass manager for unbound circuits, if it has been set.
Get the stored calibration matrices and its timestamp.
The calibration matrix and the creation timestamp if qubit_index is not None otherwise, return all matrices and their timestamp in a dictionary.
Tuple (opens in a new tab)[ndarray (opens in a new tab), float (opens in a new tab)] | Dict (opens in a new tab)[str (opens in a new tab), Tuple (opens in a new tab)[ndarray (opens in a new tab), float (opens in a new tab)]] | None
A wrapper to interface with quantum backend.
- circuits (Union['QuantumCircuit', List['QuantumCircuit']]) – circuits to execute
- had_transpiled (bool (opens in a new tab)) – whether or not circuits had been transpiled
- QiskitError – Invalid error mitigation fitter class
- QiskitError – TensoredMeasFitter class doesn’t support subset fitter
- MissingOptionalLibraryError – Ignis not installed
TODO: Maybe we can combine the circuits for the main ones and calibration circuits before
assembling to the qobj.
Calculate the time difference from the query of last time.
timestamp (float (opens in a new tab) | None) – timestamp
Whether or not refresh the cals_matrix
Reset execution results
Set configurations for the quantum instance.
A wrapper to transpile circuits to allow algorithm access the transpiled circuits.
- circuits (Union['QuantumCircuit', List['QuantumCircuit']]) – circuits to transpile
- pass_manager (Optional['PassManager']) – A pass manager to transpile the circuits. If none is given, but either
bound_pass_managerhas been set in the initializer, these are run. If none has been provided there either, the backend and compile configs from the initializer are used.
The transpiled circuits, it is always a list even though
the length is one.