Choose a time unit to be used in the following time-aware passes, and make all circuit time units consistent with that.
This pass will add a .duration metadata to each op whose duration is known, which will be used by subsequent scheduling passes for scheduling.
If dt (dt in seconds) is known to transpiler, the unit ‘dt’ is chosen. Otherwise, the unit to be selected depends on what units are used in delays and instruction durations:
- ‘s’: if they are all in SI units.
- ‘dt’: if they are all in the unit ‘dt’.
- raise error: if they are a mix of SI units and ‘dt’.
- inst_durations (InstructionDurations) – A dictionary of durations of instructions.
- target – The
Targetrepresenting the target backend, if both
inst_durationsand this are specified then this argument will take precedence and
inst_durationswill be ignored.
Check if the pass is an analysis pass.
If the pass is an AnalysisPass, that means that the pass can analyze the DAG and write the results of that analysis in the property set. Modifications on the DAG are not allowed by this kind of pass.
Check if the pass is a transformation pass.
If the pass is a TransformationPass, that means that the pass can manipulate the DAG, but cannot modify the property set (but it can be read).
execute(passmanager_ir, state, callback=None)
Execute optimization task for input Qiskit IR.
- passmanager_ir (Any (opens in a new tab)) – Qiskit IR to optimize.
- state (PassManagerState) – State associated with workflow execution by the pass manager itself.
- callback (Callable (opens in a new tab) | None) – A callback function which is caller per execution of optimization task.
Optimized Qiskit IR and state of the workflow.
Name of the pass.
Run the TimeUnitAnalysis pass on dag.
dag (DAGCircuit) – DAG to be checked.
DAG with consistent timing and op nodes annotated with duration.
TranspilerError – if the units are not unifiable
Update workflow status.
- state (PassManagerState) – Pass manager state to update.
- run_state (RunState) – Completion status of current task.
Updated pass manager state.