Cancel the redundant (self-adjoint) gates through commutation relations.
Pass for cancelling self-inverse gates/rotations. The cancellation utilizes the commutation relations in the circuit. Gates considered include:
H, X, Y, Z, CX, CY, CZ
- basis_gates (list (opens in a new tab)[str (opens in a new tab)]) – Basis gates to consider, e.g.
['u3', 'cx']. For the effects of this pass, the basis is the set intersection between the
basis_gatesparameter and the gates in the dag.
- target (Target) – The
Targetrepresenting the target backend, if both
basis_gatesand this are specified then this argument will take precedence and
basis_gateswill be ignored.
Check if the pass is an analysis pass.
If the pass is an AnalysisPass, that means that the pass can analyze the DAG and write the results of that analysis in the property set. Modifications on the DAG are not allowed by this kind of pass.
Check if the pass is a transformation pass.
If the pass is a TransformationPass, that means that the pass can manipulate the DAG, but cannot modify the property set (but it can be read).
execute(passmanager_ir, state, callback=None)
Execute optimization task for input Qiskit IR.
- passmanager_ir (Any (opens in a new tab)) – Qiskit IR to optimize.
- state (PassManagerState) – State associated with workflow execution by the pass manager itself.
- callback (Callable (opens in a new tab) | None) – A callback function which is caller per execution of optimization task.
Optimized Qiskit IR and state of the workflow.
Name of the pass.
Run the CommutativeCancellation pass on dag.
dag (DAGCircuit) – the DAG to be optimized.
the optimized DAG.
TranspilerError – when the 1-qubit rotation gates are not found
Update workflow status.
- state (PassManagerState) – Pass manager state to update.
- run_state (RunState) – Completion status of current task.
Updated pass manager state.