qiskit.transpiler.PassManagerConfig(initial_layout=None, basis_gates=None, inst_map=None, coupling_map=None, layout_method=None, routing_method=None, translation_method=None, scheduling_method=None, instruction_durations=None, backend_properties=None, approximation_degree=None, seed_transpiler=None, timing_constraints=None, unitary_synthesis_method='default', unitary_synthesis_plugin_config=None, target=None, hls_config=None, init_method=None, optimization_method=None)
object (opens in a new tab)
Pass Manager Configuration.
Initialize a PassManagerConfig object
- initial_layout (Layout) – Initial position of virtual qubits on physical qubits.
- basis_gates (list (opens in a new tab)) – List of basis gate names to unroll to.
- inst_map (InstructionScheduleMap) – Mapping object that maps gate to schedule.
- coupling_map (CouplingMap) – Directed graph represented a coupling map.
- layout_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – the pass to use for choosing initial qubit placement. This will be the plugin name if an external layout stage plugin is being used.
- routing_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – the pass to use for routing qubits on the architecture. This will be a plugin name if an external routing stage plugin is being used.
- translation_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – the pass to use for translating gates to basis_gates. This will be a plugin name if an external translation stage plugin is being used.
- scheduling_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – the pass to use for scheduling instructions. This will be a plugin name if an external scheduling stage plugin is being used.
- instruction_durations (InstructionDurations) – Dictionary of duration (in dt) for each instruction.
- backend_properties (BackendProperties) – Properties returned by a backend, including information on gate errors, readout errors, qubit coherence times, etc.
- approximation_degree (float (opens in a new tab)) – heuristic dial used for circuit approximation (1.0=no approximation, 0.0=maximal approximation)
- seed_transpiler (int (opens in a new tab)) – Sets random seed for the stochastic parts of the transpiler.
- timing_constraints (TimingConstraints) – Hardware time alignment restrictions.
- unitary_synthesis_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – The string method to use for the
UnitarySynthesispass. Will search installed plugins for a valid method. You can see a list of installed plugins with
- target (Target) – The backend target
- hls_config (HLSConfig) – An optional configuration class to use for
HighLevelSynthesispass. Specifies how to synthesize various high-level objects.
- init_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – The plugin name for the init stage plugin to use
- optimization_method (str (opens in a new tab)) – The plugin name for the optimization stage plugin to use.
classmethod from_backend(backend, _skip_target=False, **pass_manager_options)
Construct a configuration based on a backend and user input.
This method automatically gererates a PassManagerConfig object based on the backend’s features. User options can be used to overwrite the configuration.
- backend (BackendV1) – The backend that provides the configuration.
- pass_manager_options – User-defined option-value pairs.
The configuration generated based on the arguments.
AttributeError (opens in a new tab) – If the backend does not support a configuration() method.