object (opens in a new tab)
Helper class to provide durations of instructions for scheduling.
It stores durations (gate lengths) and dt to be used at the scheduling stage of transpiling. It can be constructed from
instruction_durations, which is an argument of
transpile(). The duration of an instruction depends on the instruction (given by name), the qubits, and optionally the parameters of the instruction. Note that these fields are used as keys in dictionaries that are used to retrieve the instruction durations. Therefore, users must use the exact same parameter value to retrieve an instruction duration as the value with which it was added.
InstructionDurations object from the backend.
backend (Backend) – backend from which durations (gate lengths) and dt are extracted.
The InstructionDurations constructed from backend.
TranspilerError – If dt and dtm is different in the backend.
get(inst, qubits, unit='dt', parameters=None)
Get the duration of the instruction with the name, qubits, and parameters.
Some instructions may have a parameter dependent duration.
- inst (str (opens in a new tab) |qiskit.circuit.Instruction) – An instruction or its name to be queried.
- qubits (int (opens in a new tab) |list (opens in a new tab)[int (opens in a new tab)]) – Qubit indices that the instruction acts on.
- unit (str (opens in a new tab)) – The unit of duration to be returned. It must be ‘s’ or ‘dt’.
- parameters (list (opens in a new tab)[float (opens in a new tab)] | None) – The value of the parameters of the desired instruction.
The duration of the instruction on the qubits.
TranspilerError – No duration is defined for the instruction.
Get the set of all units used in this instruction durations.
Set of units used in this instruction durations.
Update self with inst_durations (inst_durations overwrite self).
- inst_durations ('InstructionDurationsType' | None) – Instruction durations to be merged into self (overwriting self).
- dt (float (opens in a new tab)) – Sampling duration in seconds of the target backend.
The updated InstructionDurations.
TranspilerError – If the format of instruction_durations is invalid.