qiskit.pulse.library.Gaussian(duration, amp, sigma, angle=None, name=None, limit_amplitude=None)
object (opens in a new tab)
A lifted and truncated pulse envelope shaped according to the Gaussian function whose mean is centered at the center of the pulse (duration / 2):
where is the gaussian waveform without lifting or amplitude scaling, and .
Create new pulse instance.
- duration – Pulse length in terms of the sampling period dt.
- amp – The magnitude of the amplitude of the Gaussian envelope. Complex amp support is deprecated.
- sigma – A measure of how wide or narrow the Gaussian peak is; described mathematically in the class docstring.
- angle – The angle of the complex amplitude of the Gaussian envelope. Default value 0.
- name – Display name for this pulse envelope.
- limit_amplitude – If
True, then limit the amplitude of the waveform to 1. The default is
Trueand the amplitude is constrained to 1.